Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Uh Oh – Sarah Palin Picks on Somebody Who Can Actually Fight Back

Big Mistake Sarah

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is what might be described as a ‘rhetorical bully’.  Ms. Palin’s shtick is to rather nastily attack people who either cannot resond or choose not to respond.  President Obama is her biggest target, and he and other Democrats really don’t care enough to pay much attention to the former VP nominee, so Ms. Palin can say what she wants without fear of something coming back at her.  And when Ms. Palin does say things, she does it on social media forums, or in front of friendly audiences.  No fights in the arena for her.

But recently Ms. Palin took on Republican advisor Karl Rove.  Not a good idea.  Mr. Rove is like one the Hall of Fame members of snarky attacks, and when you take on Karl Rove you get it right back atcha.   Ms. Palin suggested that Karl, without actually naming him (that would be too courageous) should run for office himself if he didn’t like the candidates.  Karl’s response,

Rove also served back a not-so-subtle dig of his own at Palin.

“I appreciate her encouragement that I’d go home to Texas and run for office,” Rove said. “I would say this, though, I don’t think I’m a particularly good candidate, sort of a balding, fat guy. And second of all, I’d say if I did run for office and won, I’d serve out my term. I wouldn’t leave office mid-term.”

Ouch.  Here’s some friendly advice Gov. Palin.  Go back to attacking people who don’t respond.  Really, it’s what you do best and you should not try to play in the big leagues with a minor league swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment